Friday, January 7, 2022

Book Review: The Echo Wife


The Echo Wife by Sarah Gailey 🎧

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 5/5 Star Rating 

The Summary: 

I’m embarrassed, still, by how long it took me to notice. Everything was right there in the open, right there in front of me, but it still took me so long to see the person I had married.

It took me so long to hate him.

Martine is a genetically cloned replica made from Evelyn Caldwell’s award-winning research. She’s patient and gentle and obedient. She’s everything Evelyn swore she’d never be. 

And she’s having an affair with Evelyn’s husband. 

Now, the cheating bastard is dead, and both Caldwell wives have a mess to clean up.

Good thing Evelyn Caldwell is used to getting her hands dirty.

😱🤯😱
This. Book. Was. WOW!  I feel like I need to personally thank Sarah Gailey for sharing their brilliance with mere mortals such as myself.  This was my first time reading one of their books and now I’m making room on this year’s TBR list for more. The Echo Wife is a science fiction thriller of the domestic variety that delivers all the suspense and plot twists one loves about this genre. The story, told from Evelyn’s POV, was gripping from beginning to end. I listened to the majority of this eight hours long audiobook in one sitting (shout out to the snow day) and it just ticked all the boxes for me.

I loved, loved, LOVED this book and highly recommend that you get your hands on a copy of your own 😍

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: House of Earth and Blood

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/5 Star Rating The Summary: Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day a...