Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Book Review: Any Way the Wind Blows

 

Any Way the Winds Blows by Rainbow Rowell 🎧
⭐️⭐️⭐️3/5 Star Rating
The Summary:

In Any Way the Wind Blows, Simon and Baz and Penelope and Agatha have to decide how to move forward.
For Simon, that means deciding whether he still wants to be part of the World of Mages -- and if he doesn't, what does that mean for his relationship with Baz? Meanwhile Baz is bouncing between two family crises and not finding any time to talk to anyone about his newfound vampire knowledge. Penelope would love to help, but she's smuggled an American Normal into London, and now she isn't sure what to do with him. And Agatha? Well, Agatha Wellbelove has had enough.
Any Way the Wind Blows takes the gang back to England, back to Watford, and back to their families for their longest and most emotionally wrenching adventure yet.

This book is a finale. It tells secrets and answers questions and lays ghosts to rest.

☹️
That is an accurate depiction of my face upon reaching the end of this book. I just… expected more. There were a number of things that I needed to be addressed in the final book in this trilogy that were never even mentioned! I’ve sat on this review for a full 24 hours and finally decided to keep it short and sweet because I’m not here to spark a debate with the diehard fans, but I just didn’t like this book. The Simon Snow Series itself was just okay for me, with Wayward Son being my favorite of the three books by far. 
🀭
I still love Rainbow Rowell, but I would recommend you read some of her standalone books because I don’t believe this series is the best she has to offer. My top three favorites of her books would be: Fangirl, Landline, and Eleanor & Park.  Read one of those and then drop me a line, I’d much rather talk about one of those with you.
🀷🏻‍♀️


2 comments:

  1. I had so many problems with this book. I loved it and I was mainly invested in Simon and Baz getting their HEA but it honestly felt like RR had set up so many things to be tied up in AWTWB. Simon learning of his parentage and processing that and reconciling his newfound identity while Baz learns more about how to be a vampire. That could have been the most satisfying parallel journey to watch. But no. And Simon never comes to a decision regarding what to do with his wings and tail. I mean, that's also kind of a big deal, can we get some resolution with this? Poor Simon. And then he's also left immune to magic with no solution in sight. It barely gets addressed. That didn't leave me feeling good. So. Many. Things. And that's not even addressing what IS in the book... sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The complete disregard to his immunity to magical spells was reason for me to take away one star for the trilogy as a whole. I would have probably still recommended the series, considering my enjoyment for Wayward Son enough to make up for the things I didn’t like about this one, but leaving that issue unresolved was just lazy IMO 🀷🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: House of Earth and Blood

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/5 Star Rating The Summary: Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day a...