Wednesday, January 19, 2022

{• when to DNF a book •}



At what point do you file a current read under DNF?πŸ“–πŸ™…πŸ»‍♀️

I generally try to finish a book, even when it’s an absolute chore, but there are times when I just have to say NOPE πŸ‘ŽπŸ» and walk away.  

I’m hanging in there with an ebook right now that’s failing to grab my full attention. I’m having a difficult time connecting to the characters and the dialogue often falls flat.  When is it okay - if ever at all - to just throw in the towel?



1 comment:

  1. I say don't waste your time if it's not interesting to you or compelling you to read more. If it's painful to stay with it, just move on. Life's too short. If it's not bad but you're just not connecting with it right now, put it down and try again another time. Moods definitely affect what book I'm prepared to take on at any given time.

    All that said, I tend not to follow my own advice and stick with a book until the miserable end, which I do usually regret lol

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: House of Earth and Blood

House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas 🎧 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 4/5 Star Rating The Summary: Bryce Quinlan had the perfect life—working hard all day a...